Can I make a customer agree to our conditions before purchasing an item from our website?|
Yes. You simply need to create a required custom question on the "Shipping/Billing" page:
- Login to the cart admin area.
- Go to "Cart Settings".
- Go to step #8, "Advanced Settings".
- As you scroll down the page you will see Additional Information/Feedback Requests (1-4).
- Write your question in the "Question" field. For example:
- "Do you agree to adhere to our terms and conditions?"
- Select the way you would like the customer to respond by clicking on "Set Options". The Checkbox is recommended for this type of question.
- In order to force them agree you need to click the check box that says "Require an Answer?".
- Enter the answer into the "New Option" field and add it to the "Options" list. In this case, perhaps something like, "Yes" would be appropriate.
- Save the Options.
- Close the Options window.
- Save the "Additional Information Request" at the bottom of the "Advanced Settings" page.